Purpose: To support the development and implementation of the Wessex Synod Strategy, especially as it relates to matters of overseeing and enabling/facilitating the development and deployment of the ministries of the Church and their pastoral support in alignment with that strategy.
- To coordinate the work of the Synod Pastoral Committees
- To develop, propose and implement strategies and policies to support those ministries
- To oversee the Local Mission & Ministry Review (LMMR) process
- To oversee the Lay Preaching community
- To oversee the training and development of all God’s people within the churches of the URC in the Synod
- To support ecumenical links and partnerships
Glossary of Terms used by the Ministries & Learning Committee
Wessex Synod Procedure for Authorisation of Elders and Lay Preachers as Lay Presidents at the Sacraments – Flowchart
Terms of Settlement documents:
Education for Ministry EM1:
Education for Ministry Forms EM2 / EM3:
Sabbatical information and forms:
If your annual or sabbatical leave includes an international experience, you may be eligible for a Belonging to the Word Church Grant (BWC). Take a look at the grant application information.
BWC Grant application form