Terms of Reference
The responsibilities of the Mission Development Group are:
- To take a broad view of the Synod and identify new mission opportunities;
- To monitor indicators of congregational health and growth across the Wessex Synod;
- To suggest mission strategies to the Synod Meeting;
- To support the Synod in ‘growing the church’;
- To enable development of new mission projects;
- To identify and support new church plants;
- To give support to local churches in their mission;
- To support and encourage Fresh Expressions of church;
- To support the development of Pioneer ministries;
- To administer and encourage the Small Grants Scheme for mission initiatives.
Membership of the group:
Convener: Rob Weston (until June 2017)
Ex-officio: Clare Downing (Moderator), Sue Brown (Synod Clerk), Ray Stanyon (Development & Support Officer)
Members: John Lee, Tim Searle, Peter Southcombe, Sheila Thatcher and Chris Vivian
Frequency of meeting
The Mission Development Group shall meet three times a year, with one meeting being a joint meeting with the Mission & Outreach Committee, enabling a joined up approach to all aspects of church mission. The Mission Development Group shall be responsible to the Mission & Outreach Committee.
Any enquiries about the work of the Mission Development Group should in the first instance be directed to the Convener or Secretary, whose contact details can be obtained by contacting the Synod Office.