The key areas of practical involvement for the Synod Treasurer:
- As a Trustee, taking a strategic overview of the Trust’s financial position, and representing this where relevant to Synod and Trust meetings as necessary
- Representing Wessex Synod in national and inter-Synod meetings of URC Treasurers (opportunities for sharing of practices and ideas)
- Taking a lead on Wessex’s response in financial terms to inter-synod resource sharing questions and other major financial issues as they arise (e.g. pensions and investment strategy)
- Leading the relationship with Statutory Auditors, and providing Quality Assurance to the Trust; acting as the key link with the Synod Office Finance Team
- Supporting local churches in dealing with financial, software or accounting issues; ensuring that Church Treasurers supply copies of their accounts in a timely fashion.