We deplore the violent and senseless terror attacks, which occurred at the Al Noor and Linwood mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families who through this horrific event have lost loved ones, and also with those who are in injured.
It is more important than ever that we, as people of all faiths and none, unite against all forms of violence, extremism, racism and terrorism.
There have been many examples of people coming together in solidarity and prayer all over the UK and indeed, the world.
In recent days and months we have seen killings in places of worship of different faiths. As a faith forum representative of various faiths we pray for tolerance so that each may sit under their vine or fig tree and none shall be afraid.
On behalf of South East England Faiths Forum
Notes for Editors
- SEEFF supports and brings together the interests of faith communities; non-Faith organisations and regional bodies, to promote mutual Faith understanding and engagement for the benefit of the whole community.
- SEEFF helps to encourage and enable Faith communities in the South East England region to:
- Help to make the case for public funding to support the work faith groups undertake for the benefit of local communities.
- Work with Faith Groups to foster greater understanding and spiritual awareness.
- Offer welfare, support and education services to local communities, particularly communities suffering poverty and deprivation.
- Work together to develop and share experience, practice and learning, for the benefit of local communities and for the Faith communities.
For more information, please contact Kauser Akhtar, Chair, SEEFF
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | M: 07878 444855