This post is 18 hours per week
Salary: £13,800 (equivalent to 50% of ministerial stipend)
Applications from elders, members, retired ministers and non-stipendiary ministers are all welcome.
The role of Synod Clerk in the Wessex Synod has six principal elements:
- To support the life and work of the Synod.
- To work with the Synod Moderator, providing support and assistance as appropriate.
- To support the work of the Synod Executive.
- To facilitate the access of individuals, churches and committees to the information and connections they need to work effectively.
- To be a means of connecting the Synod with the wider life of the United Reformed Church.
- To direct the provision of administrative support to the work of the Synod.
Wessex Synod covers a large part of central Southern England (map of area). The post holder will be expected to live within the Synod area, to work from home, spend time in the Synod Office and also be willing at times to travel throughout the area.
The Job description and person specification are available from the Synod Office, and anyone wishing to talk informally about what is involved should contact the current clerk.
For an application form, please contact the Synod Office: email@example.com
Telephone: 023 8067 8570
Closing date for applications: Noon on 22nd June 2020
Interview date: 8th July 2020